Dr. Jakub Samochowiec
Jakub Samochowiec is a Senior Researcher at the GDI Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute. He analyses social, economic, and technological changes with a focus on decision, old age, media and consumption.
Jakub Samochowiec is a social psychologist and wrote a doctoral thesis on political psychology at the University of Basel, where he had been working as a research assistant at the institute for social and economic psychology. Furthermore, he conducted research on intercultural contact and consumption patterns. His expertise on quantitative research method is based on comprehensive experience.
Aside from his professional career, Samochowiec has skills in video production and works as a DJ and musician.
- The New Volunteers. The Future of Civic Participation, study commissioned by Migros Culture Percentage, 2018.
- Digital Corporate Publishing. Being part of tomorrow's conversation, Study done for the Migros Media, 2017
- Robotics and Disabilitites. How machines will aid people in the future, Study done for the Cerebral Foundation, 2017
- Öffentlichkeit 4.0. Die Zukunft der SRG im digitalen Ökosystem, Study done for the SRG, 2016
- Digital Ageing. Unterwegs in eine alterslose Gesellschaft, Studie im Auftrag von Swiss Life, 2015
- Unser zukünftiges Ich. (GDI Impuls 2013/4)
- Nudging: Die Kunst der Entscheidungshilfe
- The future of civil society, participation and volunteering
- Nudging: How we make decisions, and how we are influenced by our environment
- Planning tomorrow: How we think about the future, and the errors we commit in doing so
- The future of ageing: How we will grow old tomorrow
- Media change: How supply and consumption of media are changing in a digital world