Dr. Jakub Samochowiec
Senior Researcher and Speaker
Dr. Jakub Samochowiec is a Senior Researcher and speaker at the GDI Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute. He analyses social, economic, and technological changes with a focus on decision, old age, media and consumption.
Jakub Samochowiec is a social psychologist and wrote a doctoral thesis on political psychology at the University of Basel, where he had been working as a research assistant at the institute for social and economic psychology. Furthermore, he conducted research on intercultural contact and consumption patterns. His expertise on quantitative research method is based on comprehensive experience.
Aside from his professional career, Samochowiec has skills in video production and works as a DJ and musician.
- Prevention in Transition. Stable Routines in unstable times, Authors: Jakub Samochowiec, Marta Kwiatkowski, Detlef Gürtler, commissioned by Curaden, 2021.
- Future Skills. Four scenarios for the world of tomorrow. Author: Jakub Samochowiec, Study commissioned by Jacobs Foundation, 2020.
- Nie zu alt? Älterwerden zwischen Offenheit und Bewahrung. Authors: Stefan Breit, Jakub Samochowiec, GDI Study No. 48, 2020.
- Out and About With Smart Assistants. A scenario for travelling in the future, authors: Jakub Samochowiec, Marta Kwiatkowski, Stefan Breit, study commissioned by Konferenz der Regionalen Tourismusdirektoren der Schweiz RDK, 2019
- The New Volunteers. The Future of Civic Participation, authors: Jakub Samochowiec, Leonie Thalmann, Andreas Müller, study commissioned by Migros Culture Percentage, 2018.
- Digital Corporate Publishing. Being part of tomorrow's conversation, authors: Jakub Samochowiec, Detlef Gürtler, Karin Stieger, study commissioned by Migros Media, 2017.
- Robotics and Disabilitites. How machines will aid people in the future, authors: Jakub Samochowiec, Angela Schmidt, study commissioned by Cerebral Foundation, 2017.
- Öffentlichkeit 4.0. The Future of SRF in the digital Ecosystem, authors: Karin Frick, Jakub Samochowiec, Detlef Gürtler, study commissioned by SRG, 2016.
- Digital Ageing. Demand market versus welfare structure, authors: Marta Kwiatkowski, Daniela Tenger, study commissioned by Swiss Life, 2015.
- Unser zukünftiges Ich, GDI Impuls 2013/4.
- Nudging: Die Kunst der Entscheidungshilfe.
- Future skills: four scenarios for the world of tomorrow
- The future of civil society, participation and volunteering
- Nudging: How we make decisions, and how we are influenced by our environment
- Planning tomorrow: How we think about the future, and the errors we commit in doing so
- The future of ageing: How we will grow old tomorrow
- Media change: How supply and consumption of media are changing in a digital world