HOPE - Why hope is better for business
Experts fear for the future – of the environment, the financial sector, consumption, the big western powers with their ageing populations. But fear is not what people want. They embrace anyone who offers hope at this time. It is hope that transformed an unknown American into the world’s most powerful man; hope drives sales of organic products; hope makes us donate money to good causes. Tomorrow’s markets do not belong to the fear-mongers but to the generators of hope – the dreamer is the true realist. Only those who think of others can do themselves good, because serving comes before earning. The change from predatory capitalism to the capitalism of hope has begun.
How you benefit
Up-to-date trend analyses and examples from best practice will give you an insight into a megatrend with market potential and you will gain inspiration and ideas for products, services and communication.
- How does hope arise?
- What does hope mean in terms of economic capital?
- What opportunities does this trend create?
- What kind of hope is being marketed?
- What products and services benefit from this trend?
- How are virtuous rather than vicious circles created?
Forward-looking thinkers who understand trends in society and are in search of new business ideas: Marketing managers, product managers, brand managers, purchasing directors, communication managers, advertising agents, strategic planners, R&D directors, business development managers, consultants, etc.
PRE-CONFERENCE: Tuesday, 31st March 2009
19.00 - 22.00
- Enjoy stimulating conversation and good food. For all conference participants and speakers who are already in Zurich.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM: Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Every Little Helps:
- What We Can Still Get a Grip On, What Not
- David Bosshart, Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (CH)
The Solidarity of the Egoists:
- What We Can Learn from Barack Obama
- Peter Wippermann, Trendbüro Hamburg (DE)
- The New Differentiation Potential of the Future
- Nicole Lüdi, Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (CH)
How America Shops – the In Crisis Report
- Wendy Liebmann, WSL Strategic Retail (USA)
Concepts to Watch
Rays of Retail Sunshine:
- Creative Invention, Marketing Innovation and Recession Busting Concepts
- Kate Ancketill, GDR Creative Intelligence (UK)
Training in Hope
- Kreative Erfindungen, Marketing Innovation und Rezessionsresistente Konzepte
- Norbert Bolz, Autor (DE)
- Followed by transfer to Thalwil train station